MLS Insight is a series about how things work at RMLS™.
Before we plunge headlong into the new year, let’s take one last look back at 2015.
It was a year of growth and change, energized by real estate market conditions. Closed sales recorded through November approached or exceeded 120% of closed sales in the previous year in almost every area served by RMLS™. This translates into a 20% increase in dollar volume of transactions. 2014 posted approximately $15 billion in sales, and 2015 will see over $18 billion in volume for all properties sold through RMLS™.
The improvement in real estate prospects has not gone unnoticed by job seekers. RMLS™ started the year with 10,676 subscribers and is projected to end 2015 with over 12,200 subscribers, an increase of 14%.
Some highlights of 2015 for RMLS™:
- Eight new RMLS™ classes were added to the list over the course of the year, including RPR Basics, SentriLock Essentials, Android Essentials, iOS Essentials, Utilizing RMLSweb Statistics, RMLS™ Rules and Regulations, RMLS™ Rules and Regulations Jeopardy, and Mobile Apps for REALTORS®. (To register for any of these classes, please contact email@example.com or call the Help Desk at 503-872-8002 or 877-256-2169 toll free.)
- RMLS™ was invited and became a Home Energy Info Accelerator Partner in May, when that US Department of Energy program was established.
- A listing forms change in July featured a new supplement for green/energy information.
- We became the fifth MLS in the nation to be certified with RESO (Real Estate Standards Organization) Data Dictionary version 1.3 in August. (We went on to surpass that level in December and were certified compliant at 1.4 Silver.)
- A new photo loader was introduced on RMLSweb in October which allows up to 32 images per listing and features high-resolution imagery and built-in basic editing tools.
- A new Beaverton training venue was inaugurated in November.
- A new mapping interface for RMLSweb was released in December.
- The Financial Tools on RMLSweb were modified to work with multiple browsers in February and the outdated default values within the tools were updated in December.
We want to take this opportunity to say a special thank all of our subscribers. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to sharing our 25th anniversary celebration with you in 2016.
If you have questions on any RMLS™-related topic that you would like to have answered, I encourage you to post a comment.