A Fresh Look is Coming to RMLSweb

image_pdfimage_print

RMLS™ is excited to give subscribers a first look at the fresh look coming this week to RMLSweb. Visitors will see a completely new look to the site starting August 14th: a home base that’s less text-heavy, more responsive to mobile devices, and prioritizes what users need most.

The new RMLSweb desktop page introduces a home menu where subscribers can easily access the most-used components of the site: Prospecting, Listing Load, CMA, Map Search, and Advanced Search, topped by the simple search bar which is already a key component of RMLSweb. Use the Home menu from anywhere in the site to access any of these six areas of RMLSweb.

We know that RMLS™ subscribers like easy access to other RMLSweb components, so the site navigation menus have absorbed some of the information previously featured on the desktop page. The Help menu, for example, has absorbed the user’s notepad, links, user preferences, and live chat buttons. No tools have been removed from the site.

Be aware that unveiling the new look to these site components is just the beginning—RMLS™ plans to roll out similar redesigns to other parts of the site to better meet the needs of today’s RMLS™ subscribers.

This new approach to RMLSweb is the result of input from RMLS™ subscribers, local associations, staff, and plenty of other stakeholders. RMLS™ partnered with a user experience design professional to make the new approach to RMLSweb the best it could possibly be for a wide-ranging user base.

Once the redesign is live, RMLS™ is happy to help subscribers find anything that may have moved elsewhere from the desktop page. Users have suggested a site redesign for years, and we hope that the result will be more user friendly and navigable for RMLS™ subscribers.

Tags:

16 Responses to “A Fresh Look is Coming to RMLSweb

1. Jayson M August 13, 2018 at 9:10 am #

ITS ABOUT TIME!
    God it only took you a decade to start to catch up with every other MLS system in the nation! Geez. Other MLS will creat websites for agents prospects and here we are only getting a new face! Haha come on!!

2. Michele Biehler August 13, 2018 at 10:25 pm #

Wonderful. Thank you for updating RMLSweb to enable us to compete with other sites which are mobile friendly. It makes a big difference to being of value to our clients. Thank you again!

3. Darrel Riley August 14, 2018 at 1:23 am #

What we had was just fine. Why not leave it alone!!! Darrel Riley, Elite Realty Group, Wilsonville.

4. Jessica Fields August 14, 2018 at 12:26 pm #

This didn’t change anything with regards to how the backend of the website works and looks. There are simple coding issues with how the website is written. Ever try searching for a listing on Adams street for example. You can’t type in “Adams St.” you have to type in “Adams St” without the period. The search function is incapable of processing “St.” Once you realize you must type in “Adams St” you have to wait 5mins while it pulls every single listing, Canceled, Pending, Sold etc all the way back to the early 2000s… this is the search box on the front page. I don’t know one realtor that is actually looking for every single listing there ever was on Adams street. That search function is fine to have, but is it needed on the front page? It should be able to pull only active or recent homes within the last 12months etc. or the search box should have filters. With the way the code is written, it is easier and quicker to google the property to find the MLS number on a 3rd party site and past that in the search.
    Jessica Fields, Keller Williams Realty Eugene/Springfield

5. Brian Ramsay August 14, 2018 at 8:59 pm #

This is Terrible. If you can’t bring it up to 2018, leave it at 1995 where it worked. Why do I have to choose a login for OR and WA? Users should be able to choose which interface to use and what a horrible roll out.

• Ian August 15, 2018 at 9:42 pm #

I agree 100%. Thanks Brian!

6. Lindsay Laycock August 14, 2018 at 9:08 pm #

I certainly appreciate the changes but I miss the hotsheet button! I use hotsheets to see what pops up in my area. The old button lit up if there were changes but the new design is lacking that so I find myself searching for the hotsheets button that is no longer on the front page. Would love to see it back.

7. Thomas Manning August 15, 2018 at 11:39 am #

Great Look! Thanks!
    Now can you set up the MLS so I can pull current listing data as a CSV file for use in my database? Years ago I could do that when you allowed PDA downloads. Years ago I developed a system that lets me create a stacked database showing “BEST BUYS” in descending order in all price ranges for Buyers. This system immediately directs buyers to the Best values in my area – for ME, and for anyone who would like to use my system!
    I’d like to continue to develop this system and believe it will be a game changer for the industry. I’ve asked for help in the past but have been ignored. I just want to download MLS data into my own database. I cannot manipulate the data in the MLS as I want to. Not change mind you, but simply manipulate!

• Heather Andrews August 15, 2018 at 1:54 pm #

RMLS™ recently increased the number of records that can be exported at a time, perhaps that will help? I’ll ask the RMLS™ Help Desk to contact you.

8. Melinda T Hood August 15, 2018 at 11:42 am #

Terrible I must agree with Brian here.
    It’s no improvement…what agents want are basic function improvements not a new page to navigate when your busy.
    How about an open house button like maps, that we can click on and actually see when the house is open instead of a Yes or no?
    Time saved looking it up on a search, or on Zillow.

9. John August 15, 2018 at 4:59 pm #

The design of the front page is not very appealing nor do I find much flow.
    It makes me concerned what the rest of the revamp will look like. I would respectfully request that you find a designer or, if you have one, a better one. The top half of the page is extremely busy with the Breaking announcement and the icons that almost blend in the with the background through the partially opaque banner. The sliders are not user-friendly. My two cents and similar to those in my office.

10. Ian August 15, 2018 at 9:39 pm #

I wish you could still access the RMLS markets Stats for the previous month. This comment alone has taken several minutes alone to post a comment on the flow of what we pay for as a service. I am just looking for the basic stats of what I can relay to may clients. I have no need for a fancy page of the St. John’s bridge built in the 1930’s. Sorry to be so cold, just keep thing the way they are. Thanks

• Heather Andrews August 16, 2018 at 8:58 am #

Ian, it sounds like you’re thinking of the Latest Market Action link, which is still on the RMLSweb desktop. Scroll down for a list of links toward the bottom, and it’s the top of the left-hand column.

11. Virgil Llewellyn August 16, 2018 at 11:17 am #

I appreciate the efforts but I’m only noticing a cosmetic overhaul to the Desktop. Basic navigation is not improved and just moved around. The guts are the same it appears. Just a very dated look overall and RMLS should’ve left alone if this was considered the “fresh new look”. I would think for the dollars coming in from members that we should have something much more sophisticated. The basic client full we share with clients has much left to be desired and should be at least somewhat customizable. The 440 character ad copy limit makes us look incompetent to sellers when there’s often so much more to describe about a property. There’s a number of needed improvements, RMLS should consult with the folks in the trenches as to what should be improved.

12. Benjamin Ficker August 16, 2018 at 11:42 am #

Terrible changes. Very inefficient. It takes three clicks to logon instead of one. Everything has added steps at this point. The purpose should be efficiency and usability. Efficiency is worse, usability is worse.