The Rules Roundup provides a monthly accounting of RMLS rules violations and courtesy notifications. Our Data Accuracy team manages all reports of property listing errors, tracking 34 specific issues outlined in the RMLS Rules and Regulations, and is responsible for addressing subscriber questions and concerns regarding listing accuracy.
Summer has arrived! Here are some cool topics you can use to refresh your knowledge and stay out of any hot water (rules violation-wise)!
- Anytime a listing is in Active status it must be available for showing. If there is any period that the home is not available for showing, it must be put into Withdrawn status for that period.
- Office exclusive listings cannot be advertised through email blasts or on social media. They can ONLY be advertised with your office.
- Websites that are used to host virtual tours must be free of any contacts or identifying information.
The RMLS Rules and Regulations Committee reviews all formal complaints which allege a violation of the RMLS Rules and Regulations. The committee has the power to impose sanctions.
The committee did not review a case in June 2023.
Personal Promotion has exceeded Incomplete or Inaccurate Information for the month of June. This violation can occur for a variety of reasons, some of which are: visible signage in photos, contact information in virtual tours, and using a channel or website that has contact information to host pictures and videos.
The chart below shows the next three most frequent informal violations from June 2023.
This pie chart shows the remainder of the informal violations last month.
Data Accuracy Department Statistics
- Listings Reviewed: 27,492 (+1,561)
- Notices Sent: 2,335 (+185)
- Violation Notices Received: 351 (-61)
- Courtesy Notices Sent: 1,290 (+87)
- Phone Calls Received: 330 (+50)
How to Report Violations
Subscribers have multiple options to report violations, including a Report Issue button on every RMLSweb listing. Subscribers can email our Data Accuracy team at email@example.com or call them at 503.395.1916. When there are increases in specific violation types, we sometimes place notifications on RMLSweb.